Friday, February 12, 2010

2 Nil To The Cockney Boys

Caught the train down to London on my own to go to the Birmingham game last night. Kick off at 7.45pm so too late for Ben who stayed in Cheshire with Carole.

The Crewe train station had a pub on the platform. Only in England. Didn't stop me having one though.

Just under 2 hours on the train and rolled into London Euston at 3pm.

Had a wander round Soho and the Theatre District. Must say it is very liberating to be on your own in London. No 4yo. No 'museum hating' wife. Do whatever you want. It may be the 1st time I've been on my own in London.

Quick pint in the Angel & Crown on Shaftsbury Ave ("A" tick). Wander round the National Portrait Gallery.

Started to snow so quick dash into McDonalds to put on my long johns (too much information?) then on the underground to Upton Park.

Tea at the renowned Ken's Cafe on Green St (only West Ham fans would have heard of it :)

Seat was in the 2nd row of the West Lower but in the wedge part right beside the rowdy Trevor Brooking Lower.

I always get a tear in my eye when they sing Bubbles before kick off and the music stops and its just the crowd.

Great atmosphere and Zola went with an attacking formation. 4-4-2 but with Diamanti wide left it was effectively 3 up front.

When Diamanti curled in the free kick just before the half time whistle the crowd went mental..I was swamped by people from behind hugging me and lifting me up in the air! Diamanti raced over to celebrate with Zola and a bunch of other players piled on top. Awesome.

Scored a 2nd goal to make sure of the points and it was an East End knees up with everyone going home happy (for a change).

1 comments:

shopsuey said...

"No 'museum hating' wife" - Carole!!! you disappoint me again!! there are so many wonderful museums in London, I could disappear for days in some of them and still not see everything. That's it girl! I have decided that London is wasted on you, in future you should give me your ticket ;)