Monday, February 22, 2010

Hulla Baloo

Went to the West Ham vs. Hull game yesterday and it was another win and another clean sheet with a slashing 3-0 performance.

After the Blackburn game a few weeks back I was kicking myself for not having got my act together to organise Ben's photo be put in the matchday programme for his birthday.

So that night I sent off a photo and a request to get it printed in the Hull or Bolton programmes as Ben would be at both those games as well.

I hadn't heard back from them so I assumed they hadn't been able to do it. The photo I had sent was just a quick snap taken with my iPhone anyway and may not have had enough pixels to be print quality. .

As soon as we got out of the tube station I grabbed a programme and flicked straight to the fan's photos pages. "it's not in" I said to Carole. She looked over my shoulder and said "there it is" and sure enough I'd missed it in my rush.

We didn't show Ben until we were in and seated in the Sir Trevor Brooking Upper stand. He was wrapped (sp?) when he saw himself. It made all of our days.

Hull really are a very average football side and are surely destined to be relegated (like they should have been last year). But who cares how bad they are since those rip roaring hammers got to have a bit of an East End knees up and put 3 past them.

The pubs were all too packed to take a 4yo into so we caught the underground back to where we are staying in Houndslow not far from Heathrow. Another cheap feed at the Jolly Wagoner and it was off to bed before our early morning start to go to Sweden.

4 comments:

shopsuey said...

That is awesome about the photo being included. He must have felt very special indeed.

Hope you are having a ball skiing!

norven munky said...

Actually Benny came a cropper on a toboggan today and banged up his mouth and teeth. There was a lot of blood but no real damage. Good as gold now tho.

Andrew H said...

whatever McEvoy - the Tigers will roar again - mark my words

norven munky said...

Mate you don't have to convince me that they'll get back to winning form. Once they get relegated, struggle for a another season and get relegated again, I'm sure they'll turn it all around. Ok that's a little harsh...the 2nd relegation might take a couple of years or more, what do I know...