Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Golfing Grandma

We're staying at a caravan park in Yorkshire about 20 miles south of York. We collected some tokens out of the Daily Mirror newspaper that got us a £9/night holiday break and you choose from a list of places around England. I like York, it's a very cool medieval walled city with a lot of Viking history so we chose this place. Carole told me it was a 3 bdrm caravan and I was picturing an old crappy caravan in the middle of a muddy field in the middle of winter with nobody else around. But we ended up in a near new static caravan (think mobile home) that is very swish and comfortable indeed.

Anyway, the place has a very decent 18 hole golf course and driving range. So I'm hitting a bucket of balls with some loaner clubs and I come into the adjoining bar to get a pint (as you do). The barman, Richard says to me "did you not bring your own clubs?".

Me - no too far from Oz.

Richard - so you like the driving range?

Me - yep

Richard - my Grandma's out there?

Me - I didn't see any Grandma out there. She's not out collecting balls is she, I hope I didn't hit her.

Richard - no she's in Perth, in Australia.

0 comments: