Sunday, January 15, 2012

Ski-topia

Our last day skiing was the best of the week. No lesson so just us and the mountain. And it was a beautiful clear day albeit a little cold at -14C. Ben went into child care for a couple of hours while Carole and I skied. Just great conditions with not many people about. Carole headed back for some warmth and I was having a ball on some black runs.

We went and picked Ben up and he did a bit of sledging before I took him out for a ski as well. He continues to improve flying down so fast I had a job keeping up! He's also a sponge. I had been practising 360 deg pirouettes and backward skiing while he was zipping about and at one stage I looked up and there was Ben skiing backwards and then trying to do the transition to forwards. Hopefully he can do a similar absorption job when watching the football!

Going to have a crack at the northern lights tonight since it is so clear. Heading out about 10.30pm with my camera and my fingers crossed. Need to get somewhere pitch black and then it will just be a matter of not freezing solid!

0 comments: