Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Mr Meticulous

Friday we drove over to Hastings, famous for the battle in 1066 but we just had a wander.

Parked in the Old Town and went into a cafe/restaurant for lunch. The food was beautiful and owner was excellent, joking around with Ben. Well until the small bowl that my side of chips came in slipped out of my fingers and broke the large bowl my meal came in. Up popped the owners head to see what had happened, I apologised and it was as if I hadn't spoken. The head popped down and the atmosphere went from convivial to frosty faster than you can say Mr Meticulous. Unbeknownst to me, Carole had overheard snatches of conversation between him and one of the locals. She heard him say "everyday they seem to be breaking a bowl or a plate and you know how meticulous I am". Enter Tony who 10 minutes later breaks something! A couple of minutes later he leaves and tells th chef he's off to see so and so. Turns out so and so is the lady who runs the Shipwreck Museum who he had been chatting to earlier. We found that out when we walked into the museum, and Mr Meticulous's head snaps round to look at us and then return to what is obviously a conversation about us!.

It was all so funny but in an awkward way.

0 comments: