Monday, August 04, 2014

Windfall

Nothing to do with raspberry tarts, this windfall was me managing to talk my way into a partial refund of our unused lift passes and equipment hire.  The policy is strictly non refundable and you can use them anytime in the rest of the season but I lucked onto a sympathetic girl on the phone who agreed to refund us nearly $600NZD out of the $1360 so we could feel not so ripped off due to the unfortunate weather closures. 

On the 2nd ski day they closed all the lifts due to strong winds at 1pm and I thought if I'm goung to be stuck down on the nursury slopes I may as well make it interesting and blagged my way into loaning a snowboard and boots.  My intention was always to make the switch when Ben inevitably comes and asks to board.  But this was my way of making the best of an unfortunate situation and I absolutely loved it.  My mate Dave who was a novice himself gave me 5 mins of tips and pretty soon I was boarding down the slope making left and right turns.  Can't wait to do some more but owing to the last 3 days being closed altogether that will have to wait for our next trip (Japan?)

0 comments: