Monday, November 26, 2007

Election Post Mortem

Well I got the result I wanted.

Watched the coverage from go to whoa and have to say Rudd's speech made me cringe more than once. Ponce boy Downer liked to have a pop at Rudd as being nothing more than a cliche machine during the campaign. Well Kev sure crambed them all in to his speech. I think if they'd have had a new vote 30 secs after it ended he'd have been back out :)

But I think Rudd will be very motivated to implement his "vision" and ultimately we will be a lot better off as a result of the election.

I think Howard looked like a man who was relieved and had been secretly hoping to get the arse.

Maxine McKew hasn't half got a set of choppers. Full credit to her for winning (hopefully) but more importantly for having the guts to take on a challenge like that. Most celebs want it handed to them on a platter. Can anyone say Cheryl Kernot.

Barnaby Joyce is a dick.

Peter Beattie is a pompous pratt and I feel cheated that he got out on his own terms rather than be shown the door like Howard. Worse still he has inflicted Anna Bligh on us - in case you're wondering why I bagged the coalition at the federal level and labor at the state level, I'm not party aligned, I'm performance aligned. Power breeds contempt or complacency or arrogance or whatever you want to call it.

0 comments: