Monday, December 03, 2007

Good Ole Dimple

I had a new account request at work yesterday for someone named Dimple Solanki.

At lunch I noticed a horse in called Satinki. I thought "hey wait a minute that's the surname of that Dimple guy."

So I had $5 each way and it finished 3rd and paid $5.20 the place.

As I was collecting my $26 I saw a dog running in the next race called Mr Clontarf.

Being the good Redcliffe Peninsula boy that I am I put my winnings on it, $10 each way.

It duly bolted in and paid $21 the win and $3.50 the place.

As I collected my $245 I said to myself :-

"Good Ole Dimple"

Update - found out Dimple is actually a female :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a funny betting story about a payout every three weeks or so. I reckon every day you put money down on all these quirky little things that come into your mind 19 days out of 20 they don't come in and you only tell us about the 1 in 20 that does! LOL :-)

norven munky said...

don't tell Carole