Thursday, December 27, 2007

Dexter - Gotta Love A Serial Killer


Quick recommendation if you are looking for something to watch over the Christmas break. Dexter is based on Jeff Lindsay's books Darkly Dreaming Dexter and Dearly Devoted Dexter and the basic concept is that Dexter is a serial killer with a bloodlust that he satisfies by killing evil do'ers who have escaped justice. Sounds smaltzy and it would be easy to do badly but it is neither of those things. Completely riveting.

IMDB readers can describe it much more eloquently than me...->
"Dexter is the show I have been waiting for my whole television watching life! The complex and damaged characters, the twisted plot line and Dexter's foster dad grooming him, educating him, to make him the perfect avenger,its all so intoxicating! I am breathlessly anticipating the next episode. This show is not only well acted, with each and every main character holding my full attention, but written with such deep intensity that I find it absolutely irresistible! I really find it difficult to wait and see more of how Dex was traumatized as a child, more of Harry's lessons, more of the growing relationship with Rita, more of the ice truck killer, more forensics...More of this great show period. Kudos to all involved...this show will surely be a huge hit!"

Read more IMDB comments here.

Am I evil? Am I good? I'm done asking those questions. I don't have the answers. Does anyone?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do not know if it's just me or if perhaps everybody else encountering issues with your website. It looks like some of the written text on your posts are running off the screen. Can someone else please comment and let me know if this is happening to them too? This may be a issue with my browser because I've had this happen before.
Appreciate it

My website :: http://bestfreebackupsoftware.webs.com