Sunday, January 31, 2010

Salute The Judge

My horse Honourable Kind won a race in Adelaide this morning at $5.60.  I'd been expecting him to be around $2.50.  The race started in the early hours over here and when I went to place my bet I was informed by my UK ISP, virgin, that I was not able to access 18+ websites!?! I had to log on and remove the parental filter which didn't work so it told me to ring them which i did and they said it could take up to 2 hours to process!

I was finally able to get the QLD Tab website 3 mins before the race started.  Amazed to find the odds were so generous and requested a $100x$100 bet. Submitted it and just had to wait for the confirm button.  Then bang my phone signal dropped out completely. 

The horse won by 5 lengths and I missed out on a $550 profit.

Some things are sent to test us but this was almost scripted to extract maximum frustration.  At least I still get my small share of the $16300 prizemoney.

Horrible (which is his stable name) has now won $120,000 since we bought him for $35,000 so he's certainly paying for his oats.



0 comments: