Thursday, January 28, 2010

Toilet Paper Pants

We're in the plane and there's a guy sitting on the arm-rest opposite us talking to his friend (and drinking).

He goes to the toilet and comes back to resume the conversation, only now he's got a stream of about 6 sheets of toilet paper caught up in the back of his pants and hanging in the aisle. He's on Carole's side and I said you gotta tell him, but she says no way. I said well tap him and I'll tell him but still no dice.

So I gesture for the stewardess and she comes over. I point at the guy's backside and she thinks I'm pointing at a packet of nuts she' holding and she says in a Japanese accent similar to Hattori Hanzo the sword maker in Kill Bill "narts, you want narts?"

So I point more determinedly at his bottom and she sees the toilet paper and bursts out laughing. Well as bursting as a polite Japanese stewardess can be...more a hand over the mouth giggle.

She taps him on the shoulder and points at his toilet paper tail. "Oh god" he says and then 4 or 5 passengers who had twigged to what was going on start laughing out loud.

The stewardess then asks the guy if he wanted her to take the paper away lol.

She then turns and thanks me which then clues toilet paper guy in that I'm sort of responsible....oh well.

At least it wasn't an unbroken stream of paper going up the ailse and into the toilet. And I know your dying to ask...yes it was clean.

Milky

Our cheap Japan Airlines fare had an enforced overnight stop-over in Narita with free accommodation but it's ideal when travelling with a young child. Breaks the London longhaul up into a 9 hour & a 12 hour segment with a proper sleep in between. Hotel is pretty flash too for a freebie.

The Japanese quarantine inspector was typical of the politeness that Japan is famous for. We had to wait for maybe 2 mins tops but he was apologetic and thanked me for my kindness.

0 comments: