Saturday, January 14, 2012

Barnstorming

Tuesday night I went on a 28 km snowmobile safari.  Was expecting it to be follow the tour guide at a gentle pace type of thing.  Wrong. Quick lesson on how to operate them and then he started off like a shower of poo and proceeded to get faster!  There were 9 snowmobiles in between 2 guides and I was 2nd of the 9 in line as we set off into the forest.  Did I mention it was pitch black?  2 of us kept up with the guides cracking pace.  Every now and then when we got to a fork in the track the lead guide would stop and wait and sometimes this took several minutes for the other 7 to catch up!  Loved every minute of it and couldn't get the smile off my face for hours afterwards. 

I collected a gps route of the safari :-

http://gps.motionx.com/maps/3b17620e2878944f947b472e8d9ec5a7




0 comments: